How to take care of your skin while swimming in chlorinated water
Summer is officially here and it’s time to start enjoying outdoor swimming and pool parties (YaY!), but chlorinated water can be very irritating for the skin. Some of us even swim all year around, so here are some helpful tips on how to protect your skin from the harmful chlorine:
- Rinse your skin before getting into the pool. Wetting your skin with non-chlorinated water lessens the amount of chlorine that will be absorbed into your skin.
- Use pre-swimming lotions, they block absorption of chlorine and prevent your skin from drying and itching.
- Take a shower with a gentle soap or body wash right after swimming. There are also chlorine-neutralizing sprays, soaps and shampoos that you can use.
- Apply moisturizing lotion or cream.
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
- Exfoliate your skin with our Organic Coffee & Chocolate Body Scrub. It's oil-based and will leave perfect amount of oils on your skin to keep it moisturized.
Don’t forget to use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15, 30 even better. Let’s get this summer started!