Vitamin E in skincare
Updated: Aug 6, 2019
Vitamin E is a fat-soluble antioxidant and is well known for its skin soothing and anti-inflammatory properties, it’s essential for the maintenance of healthy skin. There are 8 different forms of vitamin E but Tocopherol or Tocopheryl acetate are the ones that are most commonly used in skincare. Vitamin E can be either synthetically or naturally derived.
Natural Vitamin E is derived from vegetable oils and is more effective than synthetic, it’s also able to penetrate deep into the skin.
Natural vitamin E is listed on ingredient lists as “d alpha-tocopherol”, while synthetic is called “dl alpha-tocopheryl”.
Benefits of vitamin E for your skin:
- Moisturizes the skin
- Helps to accelerate healing of the skin
- Has inti-inflammatory properties
- Helps to keep skin soft and supple
- Helps to reduce the appearance of scars
- Helps to reduce UV damage to the skin
- Helps to fight free radicals and has anti-aging properties
Vitamin E is even more effective when combined with vitamin C.