What are the best Skinfoods?
Updated: Aug 6, 2019
Taking care of your skin by using skincare and having a proper skincare routine is certainly important, but let’s not forget that eating healthy and drinking plenty of water also plays a big role in the condition of your skin. Skin is our largest organ and the most visible one, so let’s make sure we are taking care of it.
These skinfoods help our skin stay healthy and look radiant:
- Pumpkin seeds - high in zinc, potassium, magnesium, fatty acids, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Help to fight inflammation and aging.
- Citrus fruits (oranges, lemons, limes, grapefruits etc.) - packed with Vitamin C. Help to fight against free radicals.
- Honey - rich in antioxidants. Helps to fight aging.
- Sweet potatoes - contain high level of magnesium and beta-carotene. Have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Green tea - natural source of antioxidants. Helps to fight free radicals, reduces inflammation.
- Nuts and seeds - rich in vitamin E. Help to reduce inflammation and protect from sun damage.
- Olive oil - natural source of fatty acids. Has anti-inflammatory properties and helps to fight acne.
- Broccoli - rich in vitamins C, iron, potassium and numerous other vitamins and minerals that benefit not just your skin but overall health.
- Red peppers, tomatoes, beets, squash, beens - rich in vitamin C. Help to prevent free radical damage.
- Yogurt - source of proteins and probiotics. Helps to improve acne and rosacea and leads to clear, radiant skin.
- Cottage cheese - rich in calcium and vitamins A and D. Helps to tone and firm the skin.
- Carrots - loaded with Vitamin A. Helps with collagen production and healing of the skin.
- Mangoes- great source of vitamins A, C and B6. Help to reduce sebum production and slow down aging.
- Kiwis, papayas, brussels sprouts - rich in Vitamin C and E. Help to protect your skin from sun damage and fight against free radicals.
- Salmon - packed with omega-3 fatty acids. Helps to increase elasticity of your skin and prevents dryness of the skin.
- Brown rice, brazil nuts, shrimp, oysters, tuna - rich in selenium. Helps to prevent premature aging by fighting against free radicals.
Eat healthy, stay young!